Friday 2 September 2011

An Ode To Cigarettes

Oh my Sir Walter, what can I say?
You introduced us to something that just won't go away
No-one is left out, no ethnicity or race
We live breathe and die, together in one place.

Culture communes, bridges all gaps of class
To be enjoyed by the masses, we can all breathe our last.
The romance of nostalgia and the innocent breath
As we all breathe down deeply one step closer to death.

A certain beauty is present, an addiction to peace,
The way we relax and fight off daily grief.
For better or worse something good must have come
From polluting our friends, strangers, lovers and lungs.

So give me a rolly, a cigar or a fag
A pouch of the best, or a box, or a bag.
That sweet sweet aroma, swirls round inside me.
Killing me slowly, as happy as can be.


No comments:

Post a Comment